Welcome to the Old Station Kennels website!
We are a fully licenced Dog Boarding Kennels located just off the A607, between Melton Mowbray and Grantham. We provide a warm, safe and friendly environment for your dog and there is a fully trained member of staff on site 24/7 to ensure your dogs stay with us is just the best possible!
We care for all types of dogs from Great Danes to Toy Poodles and from working dogs to lap dogs. We offer short and long term boarding as well as day care.
We also run training classes for dog & owner using the clicker and positive methods. Tuition is available either as one to one or in groups. We can also arrange boarding for individual dog training.
So if you are going away on holiday or just having a day out then why not leave your dog with us
Our Kennels, each with individual covered runs, are both warm and cosy in the winter with individual heat lamps, yet light and airy in the summer. Designed for maximum comfort for your pet, the layout of our kennels ensure dogs cannot make contact with each other unless, of course, you have more than one pet staying with us.
If you have more than one animal that you would like to stay at Old Station Kennels, they are welcome to share and stay together. There are also large separate secure play areas, plus lots of fields for daily walks whilst on leads.
Each of our kennels have their own covered runs with views across the fields surrounding us.
They are cleaned twice a day, waters changed and bedding washed regularly.
Warm and cosy bedding is supplied but if you wish to bring your own then you are welcome to do so.
Dogs are walked daily and we also have a paddock to give them free running exercise and play.
We feed the dogs twice a day using Skinners Field & Trial, unless instructed otherwise. If you wish to bring your own food we will happily feed to your requirements.
Medication can be administered if required.
Dogs Exercised Daily including “Playtime”
A caring family-run Business , that offers a warm, clean, safe and friendly environment for your dog
Licensed and Veterinary Approved
All Kennels are heated and covered
Should you have any further questions, please call us by telephone or visit our kennels during our normal opening hours.
Some of our recent visitors
Hours of Business
Monday to Saturday from 9am until 11am and from 3pm until 5pm
Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays (out of hour times can be arranged, but extra charges will apply)
Terms and Conditions
- Dogs must be vaccinated annually against DISTEMPER, HEPATITIS, LEPTOSPIROSIS, PARVOVIRUS, PARAINFLUENZA and vaccination Courses must be completed at least two weeks before admittance. Vaccination Cards must be produced at each visit.
- All health and behaviour issues MUST be disclosed prior to and at the time of boarding and written instructions provided for any medication.
- We will refuse admission to any pets showing any signs of illness or extreme aggression. In the event of an aggressive incident whilst in our care you may be asked to collect your pet and settle the bill in FULL.
- If considered necessary a visit to a Veterinary Surgeon may be arranged at the owners expense and any account settled at the time of collection. Should the Veterinary Surgeon deem it necessary the animal will be put to sleep, but only if the animal is suffering and no other possible action is available.
- Any animal not collected on the recorded date will, after 7 seven days, become the property of Old Station Kennels, and will be re-homed at their discretion. The owner will be responsible for all costs incurred including agreed and additional boarding costs.
- Animals from the same household will be boarded together unless requested otherwise by the owner (charges will reflect this). If, for any reason, they are found to be incompatible during their stay they will be separated, and the owner will be charged accordingly.
- Charges – Dogs collected after 11.00am incur a £5 additional charge. If you collect your pet early for any reason, full payment must be made for the period booked.
- We require seven days notice of cancellation, in the absence of this full payment must be made for the period booked. Customers who fail to show up for a booking will also be billed for the full period booked.
- Whilst every possible care will be taken, animals are boarded at the owners risk. Old Station Kennels will not be responsible for any illness, accident or loss, including Kennel cough.
- In the event of a pet being removed/collected from the kennels, either through illness or concerns with any animal welfare issues then full payment is required.
- We may take and retain photographs of your pets, which may be published on promotional materials or used for marketing purposes.
- Please note: as from 6th April 2016, all dogs must be micro-chipped by law. Please provide correct correspondence.
- Kennel hours will be strictly adhered to.
- All fees must be paid in full on admittance
From Melton Mowbray
Take the A607 towards Grantham, continue until you pass through the village of Waltham On The Wolds. Once you have passed through the village take the first turning on your left into a single track road, signposted Eaton. We are situated on the left just before the hump back bridge.
Take the A607 towards Melton Mowbray, Just before the village of Waltham On The Wolds turn right into a single track road, signposted Eaton. We are situated on the left just before the humped back bridge