Kennels - Heated, safe and secure
We have two secure kennel blocks, where all the fun and frolics happen! We leave the radio on throughout the day to put the dogs at ease. If your Dog has a particular Radio programme they like to listen too, please let us know?
Each kennel is heated and will have a suitably sized bed for your dog and a bowl of water. Attached to each kennel is a covered run giving free access to outside throughout the day. At night time we close the hatches to keep them secure, safe and warm inside.
We provide bedding for your dog but they are welcome to bring their own, along with suitable toys or bones.
Your dog will be exercised daily. This will consist of walks and a play in our new play area.
We walk the dogs over the fields that we have exclusive permission to use. We always walk all dogs on the lead and will not walk them with other dogs unless they are from the same family and you say its okay.
The new play area is proving to be very popular with our canine guests! It is fully secured and fenced so that dogs can play and run around off the lead. It has a play house, and various toys. Play time is supervised at all times and only dogs from the same household will be allowed to play together.
Feeding times are early morning and early evening. If you usually feed your dog once per day or perhaps have a puppy that needs feeding three times per day, just let us know when you drop them off and we will keep to their usual routine.
We understand that you may like to see the kennels for yourself before booking in your dog. We would love to give you a guided tour and answer any questions that you may have. You can then rest in the knowledge that your Dog will be thoroughly looked after and spoilt by our experienced and caring staff.
If you would like to see the kennels or you would like your Dog to meet us, then either drop in during our opening times, 9am-11am and 3pm-5pm or call us on 01664 464872 to make an appointment.
Kennel Prices - 1st January 2019
sharing the same kennel per night
Terms and Conditions
- Dogs must be vaccinated annually against DISTEMPER, HEPATITIS, LEPTOSPIROSIS, PARVOVIRUS, PARAINFLUENZA and vaccination Courses must be completed at least two weeks before admittance. Vaccination Cards must be produced at each visit.
- All health and behaviour issues MUST be disclosed prior to and at the time of boarding and written instructions provided for any medication.
- We will refuse admission to any pets showing any signs of illness or extreme aggression. In the event of an aggressive incident whilst in our care you may be asked to collect your pet and settle the bill in FULL.
- If considered necessary a visit to a Veterinary Surgeon may be arranged at the owners expense and any account settled at the time of collection. Should the Veterinary Surgeon deem it necessary the animal will be put to sleep, but only if the animal is suffering and no other possible action is available.
- Any animal not collected on the recorded date will, after 7 seven days, become the property of Old Station Kennels, and will be re-homed at their discretion. The owner will be responsible for all costs incurred including agreed and additional boarding costs.
- Animals from the same household will be boarded together unless requested otherwise by the owner (charges will reflect this). If, for any reason, they are found to be incompatible during their stay they will be separated, and the owner will be charged accordingly.
- Charges – Dogs collected after 11.00am incur a £5 additional charge. If you collect your pet early for any reason, full payment must be made for the period booked.
- We require seven days notice of cancellation, in the absence of this full payment must be made for the period booked. Customers who fail to show up for a booking will also be billed for the full period booked.
- Whilst every possible care will be taken, animals are boarded at the owners risk. Old Station Kennels will not be responsible for any illness, accident or loss, including Kennel cough.
- In the event of a pet being removed/collected from the kennels, either through illness or concerns with any animal welfare issues then full payment is required.
- We may take and retain photographs of your pets, which may be published on promotional materials or used for marketing purposes.
- Please note: as from 6th April 2016, all dogs must be micro-chipped by law. Please provide correct correspondence.
- Kennel hours will be strictly adhered to.
- All fees must be paid in full on admittance